- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs made from crustless white bread
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon Pernod or other anise-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 12 oysters, freshly shucked and reserved on half shell with juices
- Lemon wedges
Place oysters in their shells on large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over. Broil until crumbs are golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer oysters in shells to plates. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 79.9 kcal calories, 41.6 % calories from fat, 3.7 g fat, 1.8 g saturated fat, 31.3 mg cholesterol, 5.8 g carbohydrates, 0.2 g dietary fiber, 0.3 g total sugars, 5.7 g net carbohydrates, 5.4 g protein