Broiled Oysters with Garlic Breadcrumbs – Simple recipe, easy to make and tasty especially if you love garlic!
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs made from crustless white bread
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon Pernod or other anise-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 12 oysters, freshly shucked and reserved on half shell with juices
- Lemon wedges
Preheat broiler. Place breadcrumbs in small bowl. Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Mix in garlic and Pernod, if desired. Pour butter mixture over breadcrumbs; stir to combine.
Place oysters in their shells on large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over. Broil until crumbs are golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer oysters in shells to plates. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 79.9 kcal calories, 41.6 % calories from fat, 3.7 g fat, 1.8 g saturated fat, 31.3 mg cholesterol, 5.8 g carbohydrates, 0.2 g dietary fiber, 0.3 g total sugars, 5.7 g net carbohydrates, 5.4 g protein
It’s that time of year to create your favorite stuffing. At our house, our favorite is Tony Chachere’s baked Oyster Pecan Stuffing! Bam!
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter until it bubbles. Add the onion, green onion, thyme, oregano, and cayenne. Cook until the onions turn translucent.
- Shuck the oysters and save the juice reserving 1 cup of the liquor(oyster water). Set aside.
- Add the vermouth and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat a little and add the oysters. Poach for about three minutes, or until the oysters curl at the edges. Lower the heat to the lowest setting.
- Add the oyster water (up to 1/2 cup) and the French bread cubes. Stir to soak the bread cubes with liquid. If the oysters break up a bit as you do this, that’s okay. Let the mixture return to a simmer and hold there for about three minutes.
- Add the parsley and the chopped pecans. Toss to evenly distribute them in the mixture. It should be fairly loose and wet; tighten it up to a stiff mixture with the bread crumbs, and transfer it to a baking dish.
- Just before serving, bake, covered, in a 350-degree oven until warm all the way through. Then bake another few minutes uncovered to get a bit of a crust on top. Serves six to eight.
– Click here to see ingredients!>