Fresh tasting and easy to make. A great summer side dish to your next seafoodfest!
Ingredients – 1 pint cherry tomatoes, larger ones halved About 2 cups of watermelon cut into 3/4-inch cubes 8 ounces bocconcini (mozzarella cheese), halved 8-10 large basil leaves, 3/4-1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or to taste 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, or to taste.
Direction – Use Ulu knife to cut watermelon into small bite size chunks. Add the tomatoes, watermelon, bocconcini and basil to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with salt, drizzle with oil and vinegar, and gently toss to coat. Season to taste. Yield: Serves 2-3.
Want to try something new? Make your own crab cakes and rémoulade sauce with a side of broccoli and baby spinach sautéed in garlic.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola-based mayonnaise (such as Spectrum brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup canola-based mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots (use Ulu knife)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- To prepare crab cakes, combine first 8 ingredients. Add panko and crab, tossing gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Fill a 1/3-cup dry measuring cup with crab mixture. Invert onto work surface; gently pat into a 3/4-inch-thick patty. Repeat procedure with remaining crab mixture, forming 8 cakes.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 crab cakes to pan; cook 4 minutes or until bottoms are golden. Carefully turn cakes; cook 4 minutes or until bottoms are golden and crab cakes are thoroughly heated. Remove cakes from pan; keep warm. Wipe pan dry with paper towels. Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in pan. Repeat procedure with remaining 4 crab cakes.
- To prepare rémoulade, combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Serve with crab cakes.
Sauteed Broccoli and Spinach in Garlic and Olive Oil
- Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Baby spinach
Heat oil and minced garlic until light brown. Add broccoli florets for several minutes. Add spinach and cover until wilted.
Pizza with a purpose! It’s fresh, crunchy, and healthy – a great way to start the new year!
Made this one a veggie, but you can add any toppings you like.
- Tandoor Garlic Naan Bread
- Mango Chutney
- Sweet Onion
- Sundried Tomatoes
- Bell pepper
- Sweet and hot peppers
- Mozzarella cheese and Mexican four cheeses
- A dusting of curry powder, cinnamon, basil, cumin, garlic salt, and dried parsley
Chop vegetables using your Ulu knife. Cook naan garlic bread and chopped vegetables for 20 minutes in an oven set at 350 degrees. Remove and add the mozzarella cheese, return to oven for another 10 minutes.
Remove, top with a dusting of parmesan cheese and hot pepper flakes, and serve hot. Bon Appetit!