- 6 fresh oysters, shucked, shells and juices reserved
- Panko crumbs
- 2 rashers streaky bacon, rind removed, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Tabasco
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- For the oysters Kilpatrick, fry the chopped bacon over a medium-low heat until the fat begins to melt and the bacon is golden-brown.
- Add the Panko crumbs into frying pan and mix with the bacon until thoroughly combined. Transfer half the crumbs to a small mixing bowl.
- Add the Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce to the remaining crumbs in the frying pan. Mix until the crumbs come together.
- Place the oyster shells onto the baking tray. Place teaspoonfuls of the Tabasco crumb mixture onto each empty oyster shell and top with a cooked oyster.
- Sprinkle the oysters Kilpatrick liberally with the reserved bacon and Panko crumbs. Dot each oyster with ½ teaspoon of butter.
- Place the baking tray with all six oysters under a hot grill for 1-2 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Place the oysters on a serving dish that has been liberally sprinkled with salt and serve immediately.